“Día de los Muertos” – Noche de Ofrendas Fundraiser Event
The Museum of Latin American Art (MOLAA), the only museum in the country dedicated to modern and contemporary Latin American art, partnered with Siempre Mujer, the largest Spanish-language lifestyle magazine to host the ultimate “Día de los Muertos” fundraiser commemorating this traditional Mexican holiday that’s rapidly gaining popularity in America and around the world. Leading Hollywood set designer Tony Dominguez, recognized as one of the greatest papier-mache artists in the country, was the honorary curator of the event. The ticketed event was open to the public and attracted 600 guests and raised more than $75,000 to support MOLAA’s exhibition and art education programs. The Noche de Ofrendas event was the kick off to the museum’s two-week “Día de los Muertos” festivities.
The Challenge: To promote to Hispanic and general market media to generate coverage of MOLAA’s “Día de los Muertos” fundraiser event including local and national broadcast, print, online and blog media coverage to elevate event attendance.
- Media Relations
- Media Preview Day
- Press Material Development
- Event Coordination
- Online Engagement
- Blogger Outreach
- Celebrity Outreach
- Red Carpet Coordination
VPE generated Hispanic and general market media coverage for MOLAA’s “Día de los Muertos” fundraiser event including local and national broadcast, print, online and blog outlets. Generating over 81 media hits and over 200 million impressions. Social media shares by influencers alone resulted in 730,937 social media impressions.
- Secured multiple media placements in top notch media outlets both in Hispanic and general market (broadcast, print, online and blogs)
- Univision’s national entertainment and morning show “Despierta America” –comparable to “Good Morning America”
- Newswire Agencia EFE‘s story was widely picked up in national and international media, generating coverage in over 35 outlets including MSN Latino and Yahoo.com en Español
- Hoy published a Noche de Ofrendas event photo on the cover of their print edition with an exclusive interview with Stuart A. Ashman and Tony Dominguez
- Telemundo’s local L.A. affiliate aired multiple LIVE segments from MOLAA during the media preview event